Helfa Celf comes to Stiwdio Maelor, Corris
Stiwdio Maelor is proud once again to be part of the Helfa Gelf Art Trail. Enjoy work from local and international artists and a little of Corris’ hospitality.
Stiwdio Maelor will open their doors for the Helfa Gelf Art Trail on the 8th September between 11am and 5pm. There will be an exhibition of the work of visiting artists to Stiwdio Maelor since its inception plus a special exhibition of the work of Linda Barlow from England who works mainly in textiles but has recently returned to print and painting
The artists who will be resident at Maelor during Helfa Gelf are: Emma-Jayne Holmes, Susan Calva and writer, Elizabeth Jane Corbett. Visitors are welcomed to tour around Maelor and meet the artists in residence.
Work donated by the artists which were completed during residencies at Maelor will be available to purchase. 50 percent of the sale of artwork goes towards funding the Stiwdio and 50 percent goes towards funding the artist to come back to Maelor.
Events will be ongoing throughout the day for anyone to come and join in with..
- 11am – Join Emma-Jayne on an hour long sketching walk around Corris
- 12.30 till 3pm – Drop into Veronica’s studio to create your own Monoprint
- 1pm – Stop for tea and Biscuits and listen to Liz Corbett read an excerpt from her latest book, The Tides Between
- 1.30 Watch the talented Susan Calva’s short film, Susan will be available afterwards for a Q&A session plus she has kindly opened up her studio for people to view her current work in progress.
- 4pm – Join Emma-Jayne for her final hour sketching walk around Corris
All events are free and where needed materials will be provided. Please bear in mind that the Monoprint sessions could be a little messy so wear old clothes!
Buy lunch at Idris Stores or relax with a beer at the Slaters Arms. The combination of food, stunning scenery and work by Welsh and international artists, combine to make Stiwdio Maelor an essential part of your Arts Trail.
Stiwdio Maelor will be open on the following days in Septebmer:
Saturday 8th September 11-5pm
See the other studios and exhibtions part of the trail here: