Work by 2018 Sponsored Resident: Kate Boucher – We are inexorably drawn into the future
Stiwdio Maelor, a residency in North Wales, aims to facilitate the creative work of artists by giving them the opportunity to take a step out of their everyday lives.By staying at this rural village on the edge of the Snowdonia National Park, free from their daily routine and demands, artists are able to recharge and enhance their productivity, explore an area of outstanding natural beatury and interact with other artists.
Stiwdio Maelor offers a number of sponsored residencies each year.
What do we offer?
With a sponsored residency, Stiwdio Maelor will offer:
- A four week residency at Stiwdio Maelor.
- A private room and working space during the residency.
- Access to shared spaces (kitchen, dining room, bathroom).
- The possibility of discussing the project with residency staff and other artists.
- The promotion of project and work through social media.
(The sponosred residency does not include materials, travel or living expenses.)
What does Stiwdio Maelor expect from the selected artist?
- Regular and serious work during the residency.
- The placement of the Stiwdio Maelor name in all communications related to the project realized here.
- Three blog posts (visual or written or both) documenting your residency
Application Fee: £30 (£25 discount if Friend of Maelor– please contact Maelor for information about the Friends of Maelor program)
Please submit to email@example.com the completed form found below and your CV with five clear images of a minimum of two projects (jpg format, 1000 pixels on the longest side) for Visual artists, Writers, attach an outline of your current project and a small piece of writing. Any other creatives, please attach an outline or sample of your work.