VACANCY: ASSISTANT CO-ORDINATOR
ABOUT STIWDIO MAELOR
We are looking for an assistant to join our team. Maelor is a developing arts organisation and the applicant will have an opportunity to aid in its growth and its work at a grass roots level. The position will provide an opportunity for the applicant to develop skills in a wide variety of areas.
The position is currently one day a week every Tuesday at Stiwdio Maelor in Corris. The role will be an initial six-month contract with the potential to extend. It is envisaged that this role is to assist in developing Maelor and the position will grow as Maelor grows.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Promoting Maelor’s values: friendliness, inclusiveness, community and creativity.
- Housekeeping duties: changing beds and cleaning, small DIY and maintenance jobs.
- Welcoming the Visiting Artists.
- Maintaining Social Media platforms (Facebook, Instragram, blog, website, etc.)
- General administrative support such as answering email enquiries and managing bookings.
Potential/future work depending on how the role develops:
- Promoting and selling artwork
- Promoting Stiwdio Maelor locally and internationally.
- Organizing exhibitions and events
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL DEFINITELY HAVE:
- The enthusiasm to work in a creative community, friendliness and an ability to get along with a variety of people.
- Computer literacy – Word, Facebook, Gmail, WordPress, Blogs, Instagam, other social media and the internet in general (if the applicant doesn’t have experience of all these programs then the ability and desire to learn them is essential).
- Great communication skills.
- The ability to meet deadlines, prioritise jobs and manage your own workload.
IT WOULD BE A BONUS IF YOU HAD:
- Photography skills
- DIY/maintenance skills
- Grant writing experience
HOW TO APPLY
Fill out the application form and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline is Monday 23rd July 2018. Interviews will be held in the following week.